Ryan Koch chats with us a bit about dark patterns, a set of deceptive techniques that are often used in the design of technology products and services. We’ll talk about what they are, why they are important, as well as what the government is trying to do about it.
Join us on Discord
Resources and Shoutouts:
- Shining a Light on Dark Patterns
- What are dark patterns and how are they tricking me?
- Dark pattern types
- WaPo piece about Google lawsuit
- Princeton and UChicago study
- FTC enforcement policy statement
Music Credit: Tumbleweeds by Monkey Warhol
« Civic Technologist's Practice Guide Episode Re-Release 📚
From Crises Response to Sustainability 💻🇺🇸 »